2008년 9월 4일 목요일

"the argument of our essay, however, led to the principle that all structures in words are partly rhetorical, and hence literary, and that the notion of a scientific or philosophical verbal structure free of rhetorical elements is an illusion.”


I was very nervous because this is my first time to take English class. (I mean class in English.) Everything was so confusing and when professor asked “what does the sentence mean?”, I have to do my best to translate in my language. Because English is not my mother tongue, I regretted about not having dictionary with me. I was confused because I did not distinguish the meaning of ‘literary’ and ‘literally’. Literary means concerned with or connected with the writing, study, or appreciation of literature. And literally means ‘to the letter’. After looking for dictionary, I could finally make sense.
In short, everything is based on literary. Even in scientific and philosophical verbal structure. This assumption is nice for me because it means what I study is the most fundamental thing of all. So, I would like to guess how the literary could get that important position. After human use language, people could write something. And this ‘something’ might be able to become a literary. It can be a daily life of someone, issues about some society or record of important event. A bunch of records can be a foundation of each part of science. I just imagined how the author argued that way.

댓글 없음: